Fear is the enemy that rob us from experiencing life to the fullest. Fear has done a number on many of us, leaving us paralyzed from taking action on our deepest passions. It's in this immobility that we begin to experience anxiety. This anxiety comes from the thought of losing our lives to the clutches of fear, which leads to an endless replay of regret in our minds before we ever actually cross the finish line of life.
If you are reading this, I want to first and foremost thank you for taking the time. In a world with so many demands and attempts to preoccupy our attention, it can be a struggle to slow down and prioritize our well-being. I'd also like to add that if you are reading this, it is not too late to regain your joy for life.
Not only does fear not have the final say so in your life, it is completely powerless in the face of LOVE. Just as fear leads to anxiety and regret, love leads to freedom, joy, and a fulfilled life. But what must we do to live our lives with freedom and joy? I have a few thoughts.
1. MINDFULLY MEDITATE ON LOVE
Like actually meditate. Or at least slow down and carve out the time to focus your thoughts on the truth...that fear has no power over your life. A few ways I've found this to be helpful is by doing the following:
- Prepare a warm cup of matcha tea. Matcha has high levels of L-theanine, an amino acid that contains many health benefits towards the human body. Research has shown that L-theanine aids in altering the amounts of dopamine and serotonin that the brain emits. By increasing the dopamine and serotonin in one's brain, it will increase the person's overall mood.
- Write out the truths you wish to dwell on. A good practice I've implemented is to journal the things that are causing me to feel fearful, followed by the truth I wish to believe...that I'm loved, capable, confidence, and worthy. The same is true for you as well, so write these things down.
- Spend 10 to 15 minutes (or longer) mindfully engaging these truths and allow them to alter the way you think about yourself. Over time, you will begin to see a confidence set in as you face the things that normally would have caused paralyzing fear.
2. ALIGN YOUR ACTIONS WITH YOU MOTIVES
Now that we've established the fact that you're are a product of love and have been set FREE from fear, use this freedom to truly live in alignment to your passions. Identify what you are passionate about and what lies at the core of your being (actually write this out so you can revisit it). Once you make this identification, began to align your life to this. This is a process as much of your life riddled in fear has taught you to recluse yourself into a false comfort zone. You have to relearn how to live in freedom and this will require daily efforts. It will feel uncomfortable at first, but through consistent repetition, you will see growth.
3. GRACE, GRACE, & MORE GRACE
For many of us, we lack the necessary measure of grace for ourselves because we want quick results. We live in a RIGHT NOW society that creates impatience within us. This impatience actually fuels fear because fear thrives in the unknown. As long as we can see the end in sight, we feel safe and secure. So when we attempt to reach our goals and don't see things happen quickly, we beat ourselves up.
However, you have a new authority over your life now (LOVE) that has given you the freedom to partake in the journey towards real growth and purpose. You can be ok with not knowing what is around the corner because your identity has already been established. This frees you up to without graceless judgement of yourself. Don't consume this with a lack of accountability. The 2nd point above squashes that misconception. To really grow, we absolutely need to hold ourselves accountable. However, we can do that while giving ourselves grace.