- 2 Tbsp aquafaba (liquid from can of chickpeas)
- 1/8 tsp cream of tarter
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 6-8oz coconut, almond, or oat milk
- 1 Tbsp powdered or granulated sugar, or sugar substitute (e.g. Lakanto Monkfruit)
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- Place the aquafaba in a large mixing bowl along with the cream of tarter. (for best results, use a standing mixer). Whip on high until the aquafaba becomes thick and frothy (5-8 minutes).
- Once thick, add 1 tablespoon sugar or sugar substitute and whip it in until incorporated.
- Lastly, sift in the matcha powder and continue to whip until it is mixed through.
- In a separate cup or mug, add 6-8oz plant-based milk and whisk with 1 Tbsp cocoa powder (for best results, use an electric frother).
- Pour the cocoa milk in a glass over ice (or simply add ice to the glass you whisked the milk in). Lastly, top with the matcha mixture.*
- To drink, stir the whipped matcha in with the milk to fully incorporate. For best results, use a re-usable straw and drink down any liquid to help the stirring process. Or, use a taller glass to mix in with a spoon.