- 2 Tbsp aquafaba (liquid from can of chickpeas)
- 1/8 tsp cream of tarter
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 6-8oz coconut, almond, or oat milk
- 1 Tbsp powdered or granulated sugar, or sugar substitute (e.g. Lakanto Monkfruit)
- 1/2 tsp butterfly tea powder (Or, you can opt to use cocoa powder. Click here for recipe)
- Place the aquafaba in a large mixing bowl along with the cream of tarter. (for best results, use a standing mixer). Whip on high until the aquafaba becomes thick and frothy (5-8 minutes).
- Once thick, add 1 tablespoon sugar or sugar substitute and whip it in until incorporated.
- Lastly, sift in the matcha powder and continue to whip until it is mixed through.
- In a separate cup or mug, add 1/2 tsp of butterfly pea flower powder and mix with 1 oz water until smooth (for best results, use an electric frother).
- Add the butterfly pea flower mixture to the bottom of a glass and top with ice. Pour your desired amount of plant-based milk over the ice (at least 1/2 cup). Lastly, top with the matcha mixture.*
- To drink, stir the whipped matcha in with the milk to fully incorporate. For best results, use a re-usable straw and drink down any liquid to help the stirring process. Or, use a taller glass to mix in with a spoon.